After a three year hiatus, I had the good fortune to attend the Good Experience Live (GEL) conference last week. Once again, not a Good Experience....a fantastic one...
- Danny Brown — whose short films you may have seen on the Internet (if not, go here NOW....I'll wait: http://www.senseistudios.com/)
- Katy Borner — who spoke of making maps — not of geography -- but of scientific knowledge....all incredibly thought provoking and useful, and somehow all absolutely beautiful.
- Leni Schwendinger — a lighting architect/artist, who talked about her process in creating a work of art out of lighting a bridge in Scotland.
- Marc Salem — who's seems to be able to read people's minds, but actually only possesses a power of observation that would make Darwin lightheaded.
- and Cathy Salit — who runs improv workshops for corporate executives...that's right, improv. And provided inspiring words about how we all "improv" every day as we create our own image and experiences.